DIE CRÈME DE LA CRÈME VAN DIE PLAAS AF
Last updated on 8 April 2020.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://plaaslekker.com.
Plaaslekker Marketplace Membership and Use
WHO CAN USE PLAASLEKKER MARKETPLACE?
OUR LICENSE TO YOU
JOINING PLAASLEKKER MARKETPLACE
Registration is required to access certain features of our Service, such as posting and sending a message to another User. If you choose to register, you are required to enter a valid email address and a password. You must keep your account information up-to-date and accurate at all times and you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of this information.
COMMERCIAL USE OF PLAASLEKKER MARKETPLACE
In connection with your use of our Service, you agree to abide by the following account restrictions at all times:
- You cannot use the word “Plaaslekker Marketplace” or any derivation thereof in your boutique name;
- You cannot publicly post your private information, including your phone number and email address;
- You cannot pretend to be someone else or use the personally identifiable information or likeness of another person or entity;
- You cannot have multiple accounts unless they are for different entities (e.g., personal and business); and
- You cannot transfer or sell your Plaaslekker Marketplace account to another person or entity.
CODE OF CONDUCT
In connection with your use of our Service, you agree to abide by the following code of conduct at all times:
- Be nice, even generous, and treat other Users with respect and kindness;
- Do not harass, stalk, insult, threaten or abuse other Users;
- Do not use profane, racist or otherwise inappropriate language;
- Do not share private information of another User; and
- Do not use any public areas of our Service to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another User, Plaaslekker Marketplace or others.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION OF ACCOUNT
DISABLING OR DELETING YOUR ACCOUNT
You may temporarily disable or permanently delete your account at any time. If emails to your account are undeliverable, or if you mark one of our emails as spam, your account will automatically be disabled. Plaaslekker Marketplace reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to permanently delete and disable accounts that are unconfirmed, inactive or disabled for a period of 12 months or more or that are permanently suspended.
User Content and Comments
Plaaslekker Marketplace allows you to post content, including photos, comments, messages, links and other materials. Anything that is post or otherwise make publicly available on our Service by a User, including you, is referred to as “User Content.” You retain all rights in, and are solely responsible for, all User Content that you post to our Service.
HOW PLAASLEKKER MARKETPLACE AND OTHER USERS CAN USE YOUR USER CONTENT
FEEDBACK YOU PROVIDE
We love hearing from our Users and are always interested in learning about ways we can improve our Service. If you choose to submit comments, ideas or feedback, you agree that we are free to use them without any restriction or compensation to you. By accepting your submission, Plaaslekker Marketplace does not waive any rights to use similar or related feedback previously known to Plaaslekker Marketplace, developed by its employees or obtained from sources other than you.
USER CONTENT FROM OTHERS
All User Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the User who originated such User Content. We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any User Content or endorse any opinions expressed or warranties made via User Content. Any use or reliance on User Content on our Service is at your own risk. Under no circumstances will Plaaslekker Marketplace be liable for any losses or damages incurred as a result of the use of User Content available through our Service or syndicated elsewhere.
REPORTING INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT
We do not pre-screen or verify Users or User Content. You understand that by using our Service, you may be exposed to User Content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases, listings that have been mislabeled or are otherwise deceptive. If you come across User Content that you feel is inappropriate, use the “Report as Inappropriate” feature to inform us, or you can email us at email@example.com.
THIRD-PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
Our Service may contain links to third-party websites, advertisers, services, special offers or other events or activities that are not owned or controlled by Plaaslekker Marketplace. We do not endorse or assume any responsibility for any such third-party websites, information, materials, products, or services. If you access any third-party website, service or content from Plaaslekker Marketplace, you do so at your own risk and you agree that Plaaslekker Marketplace will have no liability arising from your use of or access to any such third-party website, service or content.
If you believe that any content appearing on our Service, including content created and/or displayed by Plaaslekker Marketplace or other material provided through a link, infringes your copyright, you should notify us in accordance with the procedure set forth below. We will process each notice of alleged infringement that we receive and will take appropriate action in accordance with applicable intellectual property laws. A notification of claimed copyright infringement should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on our Service that is reasonably sufficient to enable us to identify and locate the material;
- How we can contact you, such as your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or by law; and
- A statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner or the owner of an exclusive right in the material.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Transactions and Messages
TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN USERS
Plaaslekker Marketplace is not involved in transactions between you and other Users. By connecting with other Users via our Service, you are entering into a direct and personal relationship with that User. This includes meetings, payments, delivery, returns, conditions, warranties and representations. You agree that Plaaslekker Marketplace shall not be held liable for your dealings and interactions with other Users, including any losses or damages resulting from such dealings or interactions.
In connection with your use of our Service, you agree to abide by the following messaging restrictions at all times:
- Do not share or ask for a personal email address;
- Do not share or ask for credit card or bank information;
- Do not share your PayPal address (ask for an invoice instead);
- Do not message someone unless you are interested in one of their listings;
- Do not flame. If you are annoyed, upset or frustrated, please stop and think before you write. Stay positive;
- Do not message someone who has asked not to be contacted; and
- Do not use messages to send spam, including unsolicited advertising, promotions or requests.
We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to mediate disputes between Users for the sole purpose of customer satisfaction and conflict resolution. Our mediation does not constitute our involvement with the transaction. The outcome of our mediation shall not restrict other legal remedies and rights you may have. In the event that we mediate a dispute, you agree to hold Plaaslekker Marketplace, its officers, employees, agents, and successors, harmless and not liable for and claims, losses, damages or costs resulting from the resolution.
CREATING A LISTING
In connection with your use of our Service, you agree to abide by the following listing policies at all times:
- Your listing cannot contain ALL CAPS in the title, description or keywords;
- Your listing cannot contain copyrighted material that does not belong to you unless you have written consent to do so;
- Your listing cannot contain a link to another website for online purchases, provided that if you have an online store, you may link to it from your profile;
- Your listing cannot contain an email address or phone number;
- Your listing cannot group multiple items. Each item must have its own listing unless you have multiple quantities of the same item or the items are a set to be sold together; and
- You cannot edit a listing’s content to change it to an entirely different item (this is considered fee avoidance).
In connection with your use of our Service, you are allowed to list any of the following items, but listings must be fresh produce, secondhand, vintage, resale, locally-sourced or handmade:
- Fresh produce (e.g. tomatoes etc.);
- Dried produce (e.g. biltong etc.)
- Home baked goods (e.g. pastries, beskuit etc.);
- Non-alcoholic drinks (fruit juice etc.);
- Alcoholic drinks (beer, wine etc.) – providing you have a liquor license;
- Secondhand furniture and household items (e.g. cupboards etc.);
- Decor and accessories (e.g. clocks, mirrors, vases, etc.);
- Home textiles (e.g., bedding, curtains, rugs, etc);
- Household appliances (e.g. freezers etc.);
- Art and design (e.g. paintings etc.);
- Antiques and collectibles (e.g., musical instruments, books and magazines, etc.);
- Plants and trees ( e.g. aloes, flowers etc.); and
- Farm implements and equipment (e.g. tractors etc.).
NOT ALLOWED (WRONG PLATFORM)
The following listings are not allowed or inappropriate for listing on our Service:
- Real estate sales, rentals and apartment swaps;
- Classes, events and meetups;
- Community announcements and want-ads;
- Items for rent or swop;
- Job offers and gigs;
- Promotional advertisements, sales and coupons;
- Pets for sale or adoption;
- Personals (e.g., dating, friendship, etc.);
- Personal electronics (e.g., computers, tablets, smart phones, etc.);
- Bikes, cars, scooters, trailers, boats and other modes of personal transportation; and
- Entertainment (e.g., DVDs, CDs, VHS and cassette tapes);
The following categories of listings, businesses and business practices are strictly prohibited on our Service (“Prohibited Businesses” or “Prohibited Listings”). The categories listed below are representative, but not exhaustive. You may not to use the Service for anything that violates any laws, the rights of any third-party or that fall into any of the following categories. If you are uncertain as to whether your listing may be prohibited, or have a question about how these requirements apply to you, contact us at email@example.com.
- Tobacco products;
- Firearms, weapons, fireworks or any destructive device;
- Pornography and adult-oriented items, content and services;
- Offer or solicitation of prostitution;
- Gambling items, services or activities;
- Drugs of any kind, drug-like substances or drug paraphernalia;
- Pseudo pharmaceuticals;
- Substances designed to mimic illegal drugs;
- Blood, bodily fluids or body parts;
- Regulated products and services;
- Intellectual property or proprietary rights;
- Counterfeit, knock-off brand name or unauthorized goods;
- Stolen property or property with the serial number removed or altered;
- Recalled items;
- Items or activities that promote or glorify hatred or racial or religious intolerance;
- Illegal, inappropriate or offensive items or activities;
- Items or activities that enable or instruct others to engage in illegal activity;
- Cash or cash equivalents such as money orders, travelers’ checks, etc.;
- Investment and credit services;
- Legal services;
- Virtual currency or stored value;
- Money aggregation;
- High risk businesses;
- Get rich quick schemes, money-making items or services;
- Medical and health services;
- Miracle cure products;
- Multi-level marketing;
- Mug shot publication or pay-to-remove services;
- Video game or virtual world credits;
- Sale of social followers, likes, views, etc.;
- Bulk email or mailing lists; and
- No-value-added services.
Fees and Credits
It is free to use Plaaslekker Marketplace, register for an account and make a purchase from another User. Plaaslekker Marketplace provides free membership for vendors. Premium Membership is also available at a fee for premium functionality.
PAYMENT OF FEES
You are responsible for paying all fees and applicable taxes associated with using Plaaslekker Marketplace. Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in South African Rand (ZAR). If you choose to pay fees with another currency, you are responsible for all bank fees associated with such payment.
Vendors who submit verification documents on Plaaslekker Marketplace are marked as “verified”. Verification of a User indicates that a good faith attempt was made by Plaaslekker Marketplace to verify the User’s identity. Verification does not prove the honesty or trustworthiness of a User. Plaaslekker Marketplace may, in its sole discretion, choose to temporarily or permanently remove a User’s verification status at any time and without notice.
Privacy and Security
HOSTING AND DATA STORAGE
PROTECTION OF USER INFORMATION
Plaaslekker Marketplace strives to safeguard User information by using generally accepted industry standard means of protection to ensure that User information is kept private during transmission and storage. However, no method of storage or transmission over the Internet is ever 100% secure, therefore we cannot guarantee absolute security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of User information at any time.
Your Plaaslekker Marketplace account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Your password is securely stored and Plaaslekker Marketplace does not have access to it. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and by limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access our Service and for any activities or actions conducted under your password, whether or not you have authorized such use. You agree to notify Plaaslekker Marketplace immediately of any unauthorized use of your account.
If you find a security vulnerability with Plaaslekker Marketplace, do not publicize it and avoid data deletion, unauthorized data access and service disruption while testing the vulnerability you found. Contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and give us enough detail to reproduce the vulnerability.
ACCESS AND INTERFERENCE
You may not do any of the following while accessing or using our Service:
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of Plaaslekker Marketplace, our computer systems or the technical delivery systems of our providers;
- Exploit a vulnerability of any system, network or breach;
- Attempt to circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting, or in any way use Plaaslekker Marketplace to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Interfere with or disrupt, (or attempt to do so), the access of any User, host or network, including sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing Plaaslekker Marketplace, or by scripting the creation of content in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on Plaaslekker Marketplace; or
- Transmit viruses or other material designed to disrupt computer hardware or software functionality.
Plaaslekker Marketplace Intellectual Property
TRADEMARKS AND RELATED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
PLAASLEKKER MARKETPLACE RESERVATION OF RIGHTS
Plaaslekker Marketplace retains the right to determine the content, appearance, design, functionality and all other aspects of our Service (including the right to re-design, modify, remove and alter the content, appearance, design, functionality and other aspects of our Service and any element, aspect, portion or feature thereof, from time to time), and to delay or suspend listing of, or to refuse to list, or to delist, or to require a User not to list, any or all products in our sole discretion.
Legal Compliance and Taxes
In connection with your use of our Service, you must at all times comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations. If you are located outside of South Africa, in connection with your use of our Service you must at all times comply with all applicable South African laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations. Additionally, you shall be responsible for paying any and all taxes, if applicable.
Without limiting any other remedies, Plaaslekker Marketplace may, without notice and without refunding any fees, delay or immediately remove User Content, warn Plaaslekker Marketplace’s community of a User’s actions, issue a warning to a User, temporarily suspend a User, temporarily or indefinitely suspend a User’s account privileges, terminate a User’s account, prohibit access to our Service, take technical and legal steps to keep a User from using our Service and refuse to provide services to a User if any of the following apply:
- Plaaslekker Marketplace is unable to verify or authenticate a User’s personal information or User Content; or
- Plaaslekker Marketplace believes that a User is acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies, has engaged in improper or fraudulent activity in connection with Plaaslekker Marketplace, or that a User’s actions may cause legal liability or financial loss to our Users or to Plaaslekker Marketplace.
PLAASLEKKER MARKETPLACE, ITS OFFICERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND SUPPLIERS: (i) PROVIDE OUR SERVICE “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY; AND (ii) SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, PERFORMANCE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION (ORAL OR WRITTEN) OBTAINED BY YOU FROM PLAASLEKKER MARKETPLACE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL PLAASLEKKER MARKETPLACE, ITS OFFICERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OUR SERVICE, OR THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. THE LIABILITY OF PLAASLEKKER MARKETPLACE, AND (AS APPLICABLE) THE LIABILITY OF PLAASLEKKER MARKETPLACE’S OFFICERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND SUPPLIERS, TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD-PARTY IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (i) THE AMOUNT OF FEES YOU HAVE PAID TO PLAASLEKKER MARKETPLACE IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY, AND (ii) R100.
Law and Jurisdiction
Binding Arbitration and Class Action Waiver
To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to our registered agent in accordance with the notice provision set forth below.
Waiver and Severability
CHANGE IN SERVICE
Our Service is always evolving and the form and nature may change from time to time without prior notice to you. Plaaslekker Marketplace reserves the right to modify or terminate our Service for any reason, without notice, at any time.
MODIFICATION OF TERMS
NOTICES CONSENT TO ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
Plaaslekker Marketplace will deliver all notices to the email address you provided to us in your account settings, by posting on our Service or by any other messaging services associated with our Service. Notice shall be deemed given 24 hours after notice is emailed, posted or sent. You consent to receive communications from us, whether required by law or otherwise, either by email if you have provided us with your email address or by notice posted on our Service as determined by us in our sole discretion. You agree that any requirement that a notice, disclosure, agreement or other communication be sent to you by us in writing is satisfied by such electronic communication. We are not responsible for any automatic filtering you or your network provider may apply to communications we send to an email address that you provide to us. Any notices given to Plaaslekker Marketplace shall be delivered by postal mail to:
C/O Purpose & Pixels
P O Box 1849
Mooinooi, South Africa, 0325
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS